If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – [[714-841-1695]]
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Huntington Beach Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Huntington Beach for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Huntington Beach specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (714) 841-1695
What to know about MOLD
MOLD the 4-letter word no homeowner or business owner ever wants to think about. If left untreated, mold can grow and make people sick. If you are in need of mold remediation, there are several things you can do.
Be Informed about Mold:
Excessive amounts of mold and certain types of mold may present health concerns for you your family, your tenants or your clients. It is essential for the health of your clients' families, as well as the protection of your property, to address the issue and arrange for professionals to conduct mold removal and mold remediation as soon as the presence of mold is identified.
What Causes Mold?
Water damages can cause mold growth in your home or business, therefore it is important to have your water damage cleaned promptly and professionally.
What are the signs of Mold?
Signs of the presence of excessive mold include:
* The presence of visible mold.
* Strong, musty odors.
* Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth.
* Excessive humidity.
If you see signs of mold call SERVPRO of Huntington Beach at (714) 841-1695. We are ready to assist you 24/7 for your mold remediation needs.